Back to normal! The GCB is now meeting regularly for in person rehearsals at Meadow creek High School on Monday evenings from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. We have several opportunities to play beginning in October.
If you are looking to join a community group, please come to a rehearsal. We have openings in the following sections: trombones, bassoons, alto sax, and tuba.
A quick look at some songs on our current playlist include:
- Into the Clouds: This composition is full of drama and intensity packed in 2 minutes or less.
- The Lords of Greenwich: Inspired by the music of Gustav Holst and Ralph Vaughn Williams, this original piece is written in the style of a British folk tune.
- The Syncopated Clock: Two differently pitched woodblocks mimic the sound of a ticking clock throughout this piece. The Tick-Tock draws brief moments of attention when it syncopates the beat. Leroy Anderson creates an enjoyable and humorous song for everyone’s enjoyment.
- Symphony No. 9: This famous classical piece is arranged to share the thrills of the ‘Finale Excerpts’ “From the New World”
- Precious Lord, Take My Hand: Arranged by Robert W. Smith this piece has beautiful structures and harmonies that remind us of the timeless hymn.
- Encanto: This overture by Robert W. Smith is his most impressive festival work ever. The brass fanfares to the rhythmic section give this song a strong and confident sound.
- A Disney Spectacular: This montage includes six hit Disney songs from three blockbuster movies. Everyone will enjoy these selections: Under the Sea and Part of Your World from “The Little Mermaid”; Beauty and the Beast and Be Our Guest from “Beauty and the Beast”; and Friend Like Me and Whole New World from “Aladdin.”
October 8 Lilburn Daze Festival celebrates 50th year
November 7 Mount Zion
December Clairmont Oaks, Annandale Village, and Delmar Gardens
Follow Gwinnett Community Band on our Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/gwinnettband